Wednesday, December 14, 2011

a response to Jeff

hello folks, I hope everyone is having a good day. As many of you know, I believe that a blog it's supposed to be a blog is supposed to be a ongoing dialogue between people. I forming believe that a blog, is about the free exchange of differing ideas. Going along with that, I would like to take this opportunity to respond to a friend of mine, who recently posted a comment on this blog.

This is what a friend of mine said on my last blog"its difficult to medically diagnose "some differences that must be addressed" . Iwould like to say thank you to my friend, Jeff from making this comment about my last blog. I agree with him, it is difficult to diagnose differences. However, I was not arguing that we don't need to diagnose people. Sometime, a diagnosis is a way to give people a name for finally what they have. A diagnosis will sometimes give people the supports and help then they need. So I diagnosis is a good thing.

What I was saying is that we need to be careful with labeling the diagnosis.I believe when we label people as having a complex mental health issue, that we do something to that individuals. Everyone dissolves the opportunity, to get the help that they need. Even if some people say that they have a complex and serious mental illness. Some people argued, that because a individual has a severe diagnosis, and they do not need help.

It is always not necessarily to provide treatment to individuals, and diagnose You can see a individual with out giving them a diagnosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment