Saturday, April 9, 2016

Life as a PhD student

Hello everyone, I hope everybody is having a good day. This semester has been very busy for me in graduate school. I wanted to provide you a quick update about everything and let you know how I am doing.

For many of you know that I am in a PhD program at the University of South Florida in counseling education. I am loving every minute of this program, even though it is a lot of stuff that I have to get done. Right now I am sitting on a Saturday afternoon, writing various assignments that have to be due within the next couple of weeks. I am loving every minute of it.

I have finally articulated my primary research interests. My employment research lies in the area of mental health counseling and disability rights. I am interested in community support for individuals with developmental disabilities. I am also interested inSelf-Advocacy and self-determination for individuals with disabilities.

This semester I have had the tremendous experience of teaching a practicum class. I have six wonderful students and I am having the time of my life teaching this class.

I am involved in several research projects and I will be submitting a article for publication within the next couple of weeks. I have also been asked to be a co-writer for a book chapter. This is something that I find very exciting.

I will be working on additional projects over the summer. I will also be moving on the campus of the University of South Florida.

I will be using this blog to keep you up-to-date on my area of research and trends it in the mental health and disability field.

I hope everyone is doing great. My family is the very good. I will be trying to write a little bit frequently, because I have finally found some balance with life.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your working toward your PhD! Excited for you, Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete