Monday, December 17, 2012

The need for peace

On Friday, I was getting ready to go to supervision after my 1 o'clock session. I was speaking to my colleague Teresa, who stated that there was a school shooting in Connecticut. I was very shocked like I am always with events like these. Over the next several hours, we would discover just how massive this was. Many of the individual that died on Friday were kids. Kids ages of my nieces and nephews. I think everyone is in shock about this tragedy.


Only the past couple days I have been struggling with how to respond to the senseless tragedy. I find that writing is a way to make sense of this. In the office today, I figured how I wanted to respond. I knew that we need peace in society. Peace is absolutely necessary. Violence does not solve problems. We need a society that promotes peace and forgiveness for all. Now I do not know what was going through this individual mind on Friday. I do know that this individual was deeply disturbed.

I don't want to get into a debate about gun control. I feel uncomfortable with talking about the subject, because I do not know enough. But what I will say is something has to be done. Violence has never been a way to solve conflicts protectively. There has to be a better way then all while violence. I am praying for the victims of this tragedy. I am praying for peace in Newtown Connecticut.

As always I would appreciate any feedback you have about this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment