Monday, November 7, 2011

Life is busy but good

Hello folks, yes I am still alive. I am discovering that I am busy graduate student, and that is not had time to blog. I'm going to try to get back into blogging. It has been a very exciting, but yet busy semester. I have discovered some stuff about the counseling profession, that is challenging me to grow as a professional. I am still amazed at the counseling profession. I would like to give you some updates about what I have discovered.


. Group psychotherapy is absolutely amazing. This is probably one of my favorite classes of the semester. I see group psychotherapy as a dynamic technique to provide therapy to clients. I am a lot more passionate about group therapy now. I have definitely decided that I wanted to get more training in group psychotherapy. This will hopefully be a area of specialization from me. I would like to facilitate a couple of ongoing therapy groups when I get out into building a practice.


This next one, will probably make Stephanie proud. Since I am getting into group psychotherapy, I have decided that I would like to get my certification in psychodrama. Psychodrama is a technique that uses actions, instead of talking about issues. I will be devoting my next blog to psychodrama. This will be a ongoing training process.


 

I have also decided that I may want to receive additional training in working with addictions. Addictions is a area that I didn't think I would like very much. This is probably my second favorite class this semester.


I have signed up to the CRC. The CRC is a very big exam for rehabilitation counselors. I will be taking the exam in March.


I finally bought a upgrade Dragon 11. Dragon 11 is my voice-activated software that I used to dictate. I will say that Dragon 11 is a voice-activated software.


My family is doing great. Everyone is good. Love you all, and I will talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment